Specialist SEN Learning Support Assistant
Salary: APTC Pay Scales – Point 8, £17,613 p.a – pro rata £10,461
Hours: 25 Hours pw, term time only
Event Linked Contract
Required for: ASAP
Mosaic Jewish Primary School, opened in September 2013, is a unique cross communal school with a multi-cultural intake, dedicated to creating an environment in which children can grow to their fullest potential.
We are looking to appoint an inspirational individual with flair, commitment and passion who have experience in Key stage 1 settings and working with a child who has specific medical and learning difficulties, and with behaviours that are typical of autism. You will be key in supporting the child to develop and progress and helping to promote our Jewish ethos and building a school of which the community can be proud.
The ideal candidates will have the following strengths:
- Qualified to NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent)
- Working with children in a school environment using behaviourally based instruction.
- Familiar with the new Early Years Foundation Stage framework;
- Keen to foster children’s growth, self-esteem and independence
- Enthusiastic, friendly, flexible, reliable and hard-working;
- An energetic and imaginative individual, who enjoys working as part of a lively and committed team;
- Committed to improving practice through reflection and training.
You will have the opportunity to help develop this distinctive school with a Jewish ethos to provide exceptional education and care for all children. Applications from candidates of all faiths and those with none are encouraged. For enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please find the job description and application form by following this link: SEN – LSA (JH) Job description and pers spec for Dec 17 and Application-Form-SEN LSA JH Dec 17 . Visits to the school are welcomed.
Closing date: Noon – Monday 18th December 2017
Interview dates: January 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
If you have not been contacted by Monday 9 October 2017 please assume that your application has been unsuccessful. Feedback will only be provided to candidates attending for interview.
CVs are not accepted