As part of our Vision we aim to:
Inspire children to excel in their learning through an integrated broad and balanced curriculum where Jewish values permeate.
At Mosaic, we are determined to ensure that all opportunities are available for the children to develop. We make use of accurate assessment for pupils of all ages in order to plan for their next steps in learning. Our aim is for learners to achieve highly and make excellent progress.
When are children assessed at Mosaic Jewish Primary School?
Alongside continuous teacher assessments, there are national assessments at regular intervals in English primary education:
- Children are assessed against Areas of Learning for their EYFS profile in Reception
- The Phonics Screening Check takes place in Year 1
- The end-of-Key-Stage test in Year 2 (KS1 SATs)
- An online times-table check in Year 4
- The end-of-Key-Stage test in Year 6 (KS2 SATs) Please note this is not applicable until July 2020
In year groups where End of Key Stage tests are not applicable (Years 1, 3, 4 and 5), the school uses Standardised tests to assess whether children have met Age Related Expectations or not.